Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Memory Jar

Hello, hope you are having a great week so far. Today Im sharing with you my Memory Jar I created as one of my projects for Scrapmatts this month.
Last month the family and I went to Bundaberg for a holiday. The boys loved going to the beach everyday and they loved looking for shells and rocks. They picked a couple to take home with them and I used some in this Jar (along with some sand they collected too) as I thought it would be a great way to display them...and a great excuse to use some cool Scrapmatts pieces.
(apologies for the photos...it is very hard to photograph a jar that reflects all teh time hehehe)

Memory Jar


and some close ups....

I wanted the focus of this memory jar to be the photo and the little shells the boys found so not to take that away with papers and frills I used some washi tape from D*lish Scraps behind the 'happy memories' chipboard pieces.

I love the Sea stars that Scrapmatts have, they are so cute.
I also used a tiny glass bottle to write a little 'message' of where and when we were in Bundaberg.

To tie the washi tape in I also used it around the top of the lid for the jar, and then underneath used some small rope I found in my stash as it gave a nautical feel to the Jar. I also used the 'Paradise Found' Tag and anchor from Scrapmatts to go with the theme also.

The Scrapmatts Chipboard I used for the memory Jar are...
Scrapwords 02 CB 1190
Shells 02 CB 6062
Nautical Designs 02 CB 6065
Scrap Words 12  CB 1209

Click Here to see this months Blog post on Scrapmatts, also check out the Scrapmatts gallery to see more of my work and the other Design team members.

Thanks for looking 
XXX



Split Enz - Six months in a leaky Boat

No comments:

Post a Comment