Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

12 Days of Christmas

I completed the 12 Days of Christmas Challenge ages ago over at Scrap Lounge, and can Proudly say I came 1st by popular vote from forum members in the challenge and scored myself an awesome Prize $50 voucher from Scrap Friends...


Here are all 12 of my entries...

1st Day "Create three (3) tags to attach to your Christmas gifts."



 These tags were created with cream cardstock cut into a tag shape, I then randomly stamped a script font using pinecone ink. Heat embossed/stamped the gold baubles on the top right, the trees are from Scrapware, I inked them and covered the back with a patterned paper,I added the stripe paper with a tear some ribbons and lace.


Day 2 "Scrap your child's Christmas list"

 This layout was created using an old Kaiser Christmas range 'Be Merry' I even did some paper rolling bottom left hand side and the wish list is hidden journaling.

Day 3 "Scrap a family Tradition"


My family tradition is the Christmas card photo shoot
This layout was created by the Kaiser craft range called 'Silly Season'

 Day 4 "Inspiration Layout"

 I used scraps of papers in my stash to create this layout. I also used my Crafters Companion Stencil with red ink to get that dotted image in the layout.

Day 5 "Create a Gift Box"
I also one a prize for this Challenge
 For the gift box I used Echo Park 'Seasons Greetings' and a Scrapware birdy

Day 6 "Create a Christmas card using all of the following techniques...

- masking
- stamping
- stitching (hand or machine)

 I enjoyed making this card, I heat embossed with silver powder using Kaiser Christmas stamps, i 3d mounted them and using my Sew Easy created the 'chain' as my stitching. I used a punched out piece of paper as my 'mask' and used Some Glimmer Chalk to mist with on the card.

Day 7 "Sketch"

 Again in this layout I used Kaiser crafts 'Silly Season' papers and rub ons

Day 8 "Scrap a white monochromatic Christmas layout"

 The only paper I used was white cardstock...you cant see it very well but i embossed all the paper (except the background) using my embossing folders and big shot. I also added a handmade flower of mine, wooden flourishes and a wooden star I painted white.

Day 9 "Scrap a Layout using Non Traditional Colours (no red or green)"
I also one a prize for this Challenge
This was my fav challenge of all...I used my ALL TIME FAV paper range by Kaiser Craft called
'Le Chateau'  I stamped a Christmas tree onto some blue and white spotted paper to add a little bit of Christmas to the layout.

Day 10 "Create a Christmas layout using at least one embellishment created by paper piecing"

 Paper piecing is really easy, I found an image on google, printed it up a few times and just cut different coloured papers to make this cute little reindeer.

Day 11 "Create a layout using the song Aussie Jingle Bells as inspiration"

 This layout was created using Echo Park 'Season's Greetings' its a very old photo of me and my lil brother on the back of a truck with Santa.

Day 12 "Scrap a card suitable to send a gift card in"
And I won a prize for this Challenge Also
This card is meant to look like a wallet. I embossed using an embossing folder and big shot, i ran my brown ink gently over it, I then ran my embossing ink OVER the raised edges and then poured clear embossing powder over it and then heat set with my heat gun.
I mounted up the dog image using 3d mounts and presto a wallet card :)


I know its been a long post, but I hope it makes up for the last month I havent really posted...

I know Christmas it sorta over...but here is a fav xmas song of mine...

Thanks for looking
XXX


Band Aid - Do They Know its Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment